Monday, August 21, 2017

Coming Soon - Glass Houses by Louise Penny

Title: Glass Houses
Author: Louise Penny
Publisher: Minotaur Books (2017)
Genre: Mystery
Subject: Drugs, murder,
Setting: Mythical Canadian village of Three Pines
Series: Chief Inspector Armand Gamache
Source: Net Galley
Why did I read this book now? I want to move to Three Pines


 It's so hard to review a Louise Penny book without taking away from the prospective reader's upcoming experience.   Her stories are a delight to every sense - physical and mental.  I've read every book in this series - most of them 2 or 3 times, and I never fail to put it down with a feeling of regret that the story has come to an end.

The newest installment GLASS HOUSES is scheduled for publication next week.  Once again, the gracious Ms. Penny has graced me by allowing me an advance peek.  I resisted temptation as long as I could, but will confess I've already read this one twice and have pre-ordered the audio so I can download that from Audible next week.  I will not do any spoilers here. I will simply say that this author manages to surprise me with every book. The characters are becoming more like family, and the setting Three Pines definitely shines in this one. The plot is complex and very very different.

Once again I am left wanting to turn back to the beginning and read it again and again. STUNNING. Vive Gamache!

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting patiently for this release! It is a superb series.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.